Youth Team Coach
The Power Plant: St. Louis, MO and The Steel Shop: St. Charles, MO
Available shifts are listed below. Please specify which shift(s) you are available for in your application.
Power Plant: Monday (4:00 – 8:00 p.m.), Thursday (4:00 – 8:00 p.m.), Friday (4:30 – 6:30 p.m.)
Steel Shop: Monday (6:00 – 8:00 p.m.), Thursday (6:00 – 8:00 p.m.)
We seek passionate and dedicated Youth Team Coaches to join our team. As a Youth Team Coach, you will play a pivotal role in fostering the growth and development of young climbers within our community. You will be responsible for creating a supportive and engaging environment that promotes skill development, teamwork, and personal growth among youth climbers.
This role offers a fulfilling opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the lives of young climbers within our community. We encourage you to apply if you are enthusiastic about coaching and mentoring the next generation of climbers.
- Ensure proper check-in of team members before practice sessions.
- Lead and supervise team practices, delivering well-structured and dynamic coaching sessions.
- Address and resolve any behavioral issues that arise among team members or coaches.
- Foster a positive and inclusive team environment that encourages mutual support and respect.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of youth team members.
- Participate in meetings with the Program Director to discuss team objectives, progress, and any necessary adjustments to the coaching approach.
- Previous coaching experience, preferably in a youth sports environment or climbing setting.
- Solid understanding of climbing techniques and safety practices.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively engage with youth, parents, and fellow coaches.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to design and execute structured lesson plans.
- Demonstrated ability to handle and resolve conflicts or behavioral issues among team members.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends, especially during competition seasons.
- A current certification in First Aid/CPR is preferred.