Team Coach / Club Leader
Climb So iLL at the Steel Shop: St. Charles, MO
Climb So iLL is looking for enthusiastic individuals to assist the head coach in leading team practices and other youth-specific programs.
Coaches are among the most influential members of our team. They work closely with aspiring young climbers and their families in order to provide a unique environment that fosters growth.
Coaches are responsible for:
- Supervising team practices, leading skill-building activities, and maintaining a positive environment for young climbers.
- Following the head coach’s guidelines, travelling to competitions with the team, and communicating with parents during pick-up and drop-off times.
- Making the head coach aware of behavioral issues or patterns that negatively affect team morale or the morale of an individual team member, parent, or coach.
- Coaches must be patient in their communication style.
- Previous experience as a climbing coach or instructor is preferred.
- Previous experience as an athletic coach, camp counselor, or academic tutor is preferred.
- This is a part-time position which requires weeknight and weekend availability.
- Coaches must pass a background check and are required to participate in USA Climbing’s online Safe Sport training course.