Summer Camp Counselor
The Power Plant: St. Louis, MO and The Steel Shop: St. Charles, MO
Part-time to Full-time
June – August 2021
Climb So iLL counselors are among the most influential members of our team. Counselors work closely with aspiring young climbers and their families in order to provide a unique environment that fosters growth.
- Responsible for supervising Summer Camps, leading skill-building activities, and maintaining a positive environment for young climbers.
- Expected to follow the head counselor’s guidelines and communicate with parents during pick up and drop off times.
- Responsible for making the head counselor aware of behavioral issues or patterns that negatively affect Summer Camps for the other climbers.
- Counselors must be patient in their communication style.
- Counselors should be safety focused; our primary concern is the safety of our community and Counselors should share that concern.
- Counselors should be outgoing and enjoy sharing the sport of climbing with the young people they supervise.
- Previous experience working with young people as a camp counselor or in another child care role is preferred.
- This is a part-time position which requires weekday availability.
- Counselors must pass a background check.