The Power Plant: St. Louis, MO and The Steel Shop: St. Charles, MO
Climb So iLL is looking for self-motivated individuals to oversee our Welcome Desk and Gravity Lab teams on a day-to-day basis. Shift Leaders are expected to guide and work alongside the Welcome Desk & Gravity Lab teams to provide excellent service to our diverse group of customers. Shift Leaders also develop and maintain impactful connections with members and educate new guests on the basic use of climbing equipment and safety procedures.
Shift Leaders must feel comfortable using personal judgment to solve minor customer issues, keep their team on task when necessary, promptly address safety concerns, and communicate with the General Manager about any large-scale concerns. A Shift Leader is also responsible for ensuring all opening and/or closing tasks are performed thoroughly, effectively, and in a timely manner.
Shift leaders are responsible for:
- Leading a team of 2 – 8 on a day-to-day basis.
- Maintaining member files and waiver forms.
- Building member relationships.
- Explaining and demonstrating correct usage of climbing equipment and facility features.
- Monitoring climbing area to ensure safety procedures are adhered to by climbers and spectators.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the facility.
- Performing point-of-sale transactions.
- Performing z-out of cash register, making cash drawer change, and dropping the nightly deposit.
- Reporting all facility maintenance or customer issues to the General Manager.
Shift leaders must:
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to resolve conflict professionally and provide direction.
- Have strong and effective leadership skills. (Leadership experience is a plus.)
- Be a team player who can jump in where needed.
- Take personal pride in delivering excellent customer service.
- Thrive in a busy, fast-paced retail environment.
- Have night and weekend availability.