The Power Plant: St. Louis, MO and The Steel Shop: St. Charles, MO
Climb So iLL is seeking an experienced, professional routesetter to join our team. This individual will be responsible for working with the routesetting team to set boulders, top rope, and sport routes at both Climb So iLL gyms.
The routesetting team is responsible for shaping the gyms’ climbing environments. Thoughtful routesetting encourages climbers to challenge themselves, learn new skills, and connect with other members.
Routesetter responsibilities include:
- Staging holds, materials, and tools prior to each day of setting.
- Updating each facility’s routesetting database to track route and boulder inventory.
- Climbing wall maintenance and quickdraw inspection.
- Addressing each gym’s hold spinner log.
- Observing member/guest behavior and facilitating opportunities for member/guest feedback.
- Attending monthly team meetings.
- A minimum two years of commercial routesetting experience or USA climbing Level 1 certification is required.
- Competition experience is preferred.
- Professional development experience is preferred (i.e. workshops attended, certifications received, or relevant credentials held).
- A positive attitude towards work, the climbing community and coworkers.
- Be a solution-driven problem solver.
- Have enthusiasm for being challenged and learning new skills.
- Be a supportive team member.
Compensation and Benefits
- Full-time annual salary.
- Paid time off.
- Free membership to all Climb So iLL locations.
- Participation in company healthcare policy.
- Access to gear discounts on in-store and pro-deal purchases.
- Starting salary range based on experience.
- Relocation bonus available.
Environmental and Physical Requirements
- Occasional weekend and evening availability.
- Confident and comfortable working in an environment of high traffic.
- Comfortable working closely with teammates.
- Ability to lift 50-pounds.
- Ability to forerun V6 boulders and 5.12 routes.
- Ability to perform all routesetting duties a minimum of four days a week on a consistent ongoing basis.
Candidates will be contacted directly to schedule interviews. A second, working interview will be scheduled for candidates that meet the requirements for this position.