Climb So iLL at the Power Plant: St. Louis, MO and Climb So iLL at the Steel Shop: St. Charles, MO
The routesetting team is responsible for shaping the gym’s climbing environment. Thoughtful routesetting encourages climbers to challenge themselves, learn new skills, and connect with other members.
Climb So iLL is seeking an experienced, professional routesetter to join its team.
This individual will be responsible for working with her or his team to turn over boulders and top rope/sport routes at both Climb So iLL locations. Additional responsibilities include:
- Staging holds, materials, and tools prior to each day of setting.
- Updating each facility’s routesetting database to track route and boulder inventory.
- Climbing wall maintenance and quickdraw inspection.
- Addressing each location’s spinner log.
- Observing member/guest behavior and facilitating opportunities for member/guest feedback.
- Attending monthly team meetings.
- A minimum two years of commercial routesetting experience is required.
- Competition experience is preferred.
- Professional development experience is preferred (i.e. workshops attended, certifications received, or relevant credentials held).
- Be a solution-driven problem solver.
- Have enthusiasm for being challenged and learning new skills.
- Be a supportive team member.
Candidates will be contacted directly to schedule interviews. A second, working interview will be scheduled for candidates that meet the requirements for this position.