The Power Plant: St. Louis, MO and The Steel Shop: St. Charles, MO
Climb So iLL is now accepting applications for Program Director. We are seeking a candidate who will uphold our reputation for excellent youth and adult programming and develop new and innovative ways to promote a healthy, happy climbing community – our gym’s most valuable asset.
The ideal candidate is excited by the challenge of growing our climbing, fitness, and yoga programs. You will work alongside our head climbing team coaches, General Manager, and ownership group to provide programs that encourage every climber in our gyms to become a long-term member of the community. You should be an excellent teacher who is eager to share your knowledge and love of climbing. You should also be motivated to help our climbing team members, camp participants, and students grow – both as climbers and members of the community.
Programs Director Responsibilities
- Develop new climbing, fitness, and yoga programs, classes, and workshops.
- Actively monitor existing program sales to assess performance and attendance.
- Continually make adjustments to existing programs and identify growth opportunities.
- Hire, schedule, and train instructors, coaches, and camp counselors.
- Audit, evaluate, and assist current instructors.
- Coordinate schedule changes and substitute instructors.
- Oversee the operation of summer camps and be the direct line of support to the head counselor.
- Guide head coaches to ensure continuous improvement of the climbing team.
- Communicate with customers when necessary.
- Coordinate initiatives with marketing and sales departments.
- Communicate with gym staff about programming and class offerings.
- Collaborate on special events with all departments.
- Train current gym staff and new hires in climbing-specific skills.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in a relevant field.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Great communication skills with kids, teens, and adults.
- Experience with summer programming or ongoing youth events.
- Understanding of modern rock climbing skills and procedures, including the ability to teach new instructors.
- Familiarity with integrating climbing and fitness.
- Ability to have and handle difficult conversations.
- Ability to lead, motivate, and inspire a team.
- Ability to work with large groups.
- A friendly and outgoing personality.
Environmental and Physical Requirements
- Occasional Weekend and Evening Availability
- Confident and Comfortable Working in a High Traffic Environment
- Comfortable Working Closely with Clients
- Comfortable Working in a Shared Office Space
- Ability to Demonstrate Climbing Techniques in a Live Climbing Environment
Compensation and Benefits
- Full-Time Annual Salary
- Paid Time Off
- Free Membership to All Climb So iLL Locations
- Free Membership for Partner
- Participation in Company Healthcare Policy
- Gear Discounts on In-Store and Pro-Deal Purchases
- Relocation Bonus Available
- Starting Salary: $32,000-45,000 (Based on Experience)