Dev Team Coach
The Power Plant: St. Louis, MO
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to lead our Development Team practices and other youth-specific programs. Coaches are among the most influential members of our team. You will work closely with our Head Coach to provide a unique environment for aspiring young climbers to grow.
Coaches are responsible for:
- Supervising team practices, leading skill-building activities, and maintaining a positive environment for young climbers.
- Making the climbing gym a fun and inviting place while also maintaining stick safety protocols for all climbers.
- Creating and environment that encourages learning and support within the team.
- Following the head coach’s guidelines and communicating with parents during pick-up and drop-off times.
- Coaches must be patient in their communication style.
- Coaches must be good at communicating with young children (7-10 years old).
- Pervious climbing experience is preferred but not required.
- Previous experience as an athletic coach, camp counselor, or academic tutor is preferred.
- This is a part-time position which requires weeknight availability.
- Coaches must pass a background check and are required to participate in USA Climbing’s online Safe Sport training course.