Comp Team Coach
The Power Plant: St. Louis, MO
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to lead our Competition Team practices and other youth-specific programs. Coaches are among the most influential members of our team. You will work closely with our Head Coach to provide a unique environment for aspiring young climbers to grow.
Competitive Team Coaches are responsible for:
- Supervising team practices, leading skill-building activities, and maintaining a positive environment for young climbers.
- Traveling to competitions with the team, staying up to date with the current rules for USA Climbing youth competitions.
- Communicating with parents during pick-up and drop-off times.
- Collaborating with the head coach on lesson plans and curriculum and following their directions for overall team policy.
- Advanced knowledge of climbing movement and modern routesetting in preferred.
- Previous experience as a climbing coach, instructor, or competitor is required.
- Coaches must be supportive and encouraging.
- This is a part-time position which requires working with the team 3 days per week and traveling with the group to competitions on weekends
- Coaches must pass a background check and are required to participate in USA Climbing’s online Safe Sport training course.